Senior Software EngineerRP1026891San Jose
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Our team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in designing automation solutions to test high-scale distributed systems. You will collaborate with Architects and application development teams to vet and validate test automation for our edge computing platform that is used to deploy global, scalable and secure applications!
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Experience in designing automation software from the ground up, choosing the right infrastructure components, evaluating both open source and closed source software.
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals.
- Hands on experience in languages such as Golang, Python, Perl, Shell scripts etc.
- Good understanding of Virtualization technologies like KVM, Docker.
- good understanding basic networking (routing/switching) concepts, network security, VPN Technologies, IPSec etc.
- Working knowledge of Cloud orchestration systems such as Openstack/Kubernetes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and mentoring skills.
- Graduate/Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in software development and/or test automation.
#Li-RGB1, #LI-RemoteThe Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates.Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job.Request by contacting email@example.com.