Sr Principal Software Engineer - DataRP1023062Seattle
About AI and Data Team at F5
F5 (NASDAQ: FFIV) is a multi-cloud application security and delivery company that enables our customers-which include the world’s largest enterprises, financial institutions, service providers, and governments-to bring extraordinary digital experiences to life. For more information, go to f5.com. You can also follow @F5 on Twitter or visit us on LinkedIn and Facebook for more information about F5, its partners, and technologies.
As the AI and Data product group at F5, our mission is to build a world-class data platform, data and privacy practices, and tools.
As a software engineer on F5’s AI and Data Platforms team -Big F5 Data Platforms, you will be solving unique and exciting problems in our cloud-based data system, which handles Exabyte-scale data collecting, stream processing, storage, query, and visualization in near real-time. At AI and Data product group, you will work with exceptional team members, use new technologies, and solve world-class engineering challenges.
- Design and develop F5’s cloud-based data systems to process Exabyte-scale data in near real-time.
- Research new technologies for more efficient and scalable data collection, processing, storage, and retrieval.
- Design and implement tools and methodologies to ensure data integrity and build out our data system health monitoring solutions.
- Collaborate with the product team, other engineering teams, and the operations team to design/implement/maintain multi-functional data systems for F5’s growing core business needs.
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in Computer Science or related fields
- 15 years experience in Software Development
- Proficient in one of the following languages: Java, C++, Go
- Proficient in SQL.
- Effectively communicate with clarity and conciseness in written, interpersonal, and verbal forms.
- Proficient in Python, Rust, C
- Working experience with:
- one of the public cloud systems: GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Pub/Sub related technologies like GCP PubSub, Kafka, Pulsar etc.
- streaming (or micro-batching) data processing platforms like GCP Dataflow, Apache Flink, Apache Spark, etc.
- both relational databases and NoSQL databases.
- data processing programming models like Apache Beam, etc.
- data warehouse technologies like GCP BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Apache Druid, Clickhouse, etc.
- Expertise in Petabyte-to-Exabyte-scale data processing frameworks.
#li-gj1The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability,marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.