Software Engineer 3RP1022730San Jose
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. We value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
The seniority of the position is flexible and leveling will be adjusted based on your experience and expertise.
F5’s solution, BIG-IP SPK, brings critical carrier-grade capabilities to a Kubernetes environment. It enables service providers to create a bridge from their existing 4G networks to a cloud-native 5G core network. BIG-IP SPK provides 5G signaling traffic management, visibility, and security at container ingress (North/South) into the 5G core Kubernetes clusters. You will be working on building new security functionality on F5’s SPK platform. You will work with a team that is smart, passionate and customer experience oriented. The ideal candidate is an energetic, hands-on and creative problem solver!
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions for assigned projects by identifying, resolving and mitigating risk and communicating to others
- Provides technical solutions to detail certain aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework.
- Performs analysis to define design requirements for modification to existing tools, utilities, system structures, environments and provide technical perspective for input into project scope and estimating activities
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Provides technical guidance to junior level engineers
- Assist Principal Engineers and Management with project scope
- Consistently meet commitments
- Assisting and driving customer solutions
- Participates in hiring and onboarding process
- Conducts presentations internally and externally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent coding skills in C or C++ or Go.
- Mastery of standard data structures and algorithms, run-time complexities, IPC, etc. is required.
- Must have background in networking technologies & protocols like IP, TCP, UDP, DNS, HTTP etc.
- Experience in Kubernetes and containers is a plus.
- Experience with gitlab/github or other source code management is needed.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- Regularly demonstrates collaboration by promoting others’ ideas, working well within and other teams, influencing others, and making teams successful.
- Demonstrated leadership role within project team.
- Candidate must be passionate enjoy solving complex problems. This is a fast paced, innovative environment and requires candidate to grasp new technologies quickly. Often knowledge is self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications. Regularly finds ways to communicate widely through discussions, white papers, publications and other. Willingness and ability to write good functional specification and design documents.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 year with a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience.
#li-gj1The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability,marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.