Sr Software Engineer in Test (Remote)RP1023457San Jose
The Volterra team at F5 is looking for a Senior/Principal Software Engineer with expertise in designing automation solutions to test high-scale distributed systems. You will collaborate with Architects and application development teams to vet and validate test automation for Volterra's edge computing platform that is used to deploy global, scalable and secure applications!
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Experience in designing automation software from the ground up, choosing the right infrastructure components, evaluating both open source and closed source software.
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals.
- Hands on experience in languages such as Golang, Python, Perl, Shell scripts etc.
- Good understanding of Virtualization technologies like KVM, Docker.
- good understanding basic networking (routing/switching) concepts, network security, VPN Technologies, IPSec etc.
- Working knowledge of Cloud orchestration systems such as Openstack/Kubernetes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and mentoring skills.
- Graduate/Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 10+ years of experience in software development and/or test automation.
#LI-RGB1The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability,marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.