This role exists to manage customer incidents within the Security Product Group. Incidents encompass network, platform, or security events which are either of significant impact to a single customer or broader events affecting multiple customers.
The Incident Manager will be responsible for coordinating internal triage and restoral activities, managing communication with the customer(s), and owning any post-incident corrective actions.
• A key stakeholder in defining Incident Management tools and procedures.
• Interaction at a technical and management level, including executives, and will require clear verbal and written communication.
• Multiple incidents may be managed at any one time and an incident can be active for any duration from a few hours up to several weeks.
• This role also requires the individual to compile statistics and reports associated to incidents for either internal or external consumption.
• The Incident Manager will regularly interact with technical and business teams across F5 and with customers.
Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
• Take overall control of Incidents as assigned to you by your Manager or through the incident management process.
• Ensure events and times are recorded during the active incidents.
• Coordinate the Problem Management activities through action plans associated to incidents and manage plans through to closure.
• Using leadership, drive action owners critical to the success follow up and corrective actions
• Write customer-facing communication, documentation, and reports associated with individual incidents and regarding Incident Management in general.
• Be the face of F5 Security Products Group associated to a specific incident.
• Use data, metrics, analytics, and Problem Management techniques to decrease the number, severity and duration of incidents.
• Develop and maintain all the operating procedures relating Incident Management and Problem Management.
• Articulate technical plans to non-technical audiences.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint and other Microsoft packages
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Assertive and confident
• Ability to liaise with people at all levels in an organization
• Able to quickly gather facts and align resources and communicate to multiple parties
• Ability to work in a highly-collaborative team environment
• 3 years minimum management experience in a customer service role, with focus on IT operations or Security operations
• BA/BS or equivalent degree in different theaters or relevant business/industry experience
• Experience in a technical support role a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table and require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
• Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
• Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% -15% of the time.The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability,marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.